"If you're not going to clear the space now...
You're never going to have the space."
- Kate Northrup, Ep81. The Monica Kade Podcast
Welcome to Episode 81 of The Monica Kade Podcast. Today we’re talking with Kate Northrup. She’s an entrepreneur, bestselling author, and mother, who discovered that her “on purpose” work and dream are to support ambitious, motivated and successful women to light up the world without burning themselves out in the process.
Kate’s genuine nature, humorous soul and light-heartedness around the ups and downs of her life are what makes her so relatable. She's one of those rare people you meet and immediately feel like putting on the kettle so you can chit-chat over tea.
In this conversation, we also talk in-depth about her latest book, Do Less: A Revolutionary Approach to Time Management for Busy Moms. And I have to say, it’s been one of my favourite reads this year. There were so many moments where I was saying, ‘Yes. OMG. YES!’ The book found me in a time where I needed to ‘Do Less’ and honour my body’s needs so I could move forward with what I loved.
What I love most about this book is its simple message: BE PRESENT. Go moment by moment.
If you’re like the many women in Kate’s community and me, sometimes you get too focused on all the to-do’s each day, that you forget to BE.
This book is a way to slow down, get clear on what truly matters—to you—and execute on only that.
If you only pick up one book in 2019—to read, of course—pick Do Less. I cross my heart you won’t be disappointed. A read for all mothers and businesswomen.
Let’s build a world where busy isn’t glorified, and productivity and results aren’t tied to worth.
>> Listen to the episode above. You’ll be bursting with newfound joy if you do! <<
LISTEN TO KATE NORTHRUP’S ‘DO LESS’ APPROACH SO YOU CAN BE MORE AND HAVE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE AND PROJECTS THAT YOU TRULY LOVE.
- Where the ‘Do Less’ approach came from
- Dispelling the myth around productivity = worth
- Her thoughts on parenting and running a business without it all falling apart
- To-do lists and the 3 vital questions Kate asks herself before ANYTHING makes the list
- How slowing down and making space impacts your creativity
- What happens when you don’t honour your body and put business first
- The low-down on why sleep is CRUCIAL to being productive
- Some scientific facts on why you must get your sleep time in
- A funny story where I fought my need to sleep and why Kate’s book was a strobe light saying, ‘Girl go to sleep!’
We get personal with our signature questions
- Sunset or sunrise and why?
- If you could attempt another career what would you love to try?
- What does being your best look like to you?