“It’s that rawness of being in the moment. There’s just so much going on around you. Your focus is so pinpointed…I find it so relaxing.”
- Ep85. Ren McGann, The Monica Kade Podcast
Ren McGann's and my path collided via Instagram. I very quickly fell in love with his big wave photographs and it wasn't long before gut instinct urged me to get him on the podcast show. I follow A LOT of wave photographers but over the years, nothing has moved me in the way his photography has. We got to chatting, and the more I found about him through his website and the other media articles that have featured him, the more I wanted to know.
- What he loved most about that part of his life
- The mental challenge of breaking out of a good life and staying where he was
- What the quote on his website, “We find ourselves through exploration” means to him
- When and how his interest in photography came into focus
- What it’s like to see the world through his eyes as a photographer
- How he knows when the perfect moment is to take the shot
- What he loves most about big waves
- What he’s learned about himself through photographing big waves
- The down low on what it’s really like for those of us who haven’t experienced being in the ocean around these waves?
- What his fascination with waves is
Sunset or sunrise?
What career he’d like to attempt if not in this one?
What Being his Best looks like to him?