"Everyone is obsessed with calories. Calories are just a measurement of energy. If we focused on nutrients and not calories we wouldn’t have
this obsession with weight, and probably have a healthier population
of people. Let’s just eat the foods that don’t cause ill
health and not eat everything else."
- Dr Robert Zembroski, Ep100. The Monica Kade Podcast
Welcome to episode 100 of The Monica Kade Podcast: If Your Gut Instinct Talks to You, You Better Listen. Joining me today is Dr. Robert Zembroski is a physician, specialist in functional medicine, board-certified chiropractic neurologist, clinical nutritionist, author of Rebuild, and a transformational speaker.
His story of adversity started with a giant five-inch tumor in his chest—non-hodgkin's lymphoma—a life threatening blood cancer, and our podcast takes you through this very challenging and traumatic period of his life. We talk about what it was like from the moment he heard the word 'tumor', right through to how he navigated his way through the illness and how he rebuilt his health to where it is today: fighting fit!
It was such a pleasure to have an opportunity to talk to Dr Z. His down-to-earth nature coupled with his intelligence and very candid approach to his story was very refreshing. His story is a testament to the power of the mind. His journey through cancer and coming out the side is confirmation to us all, that we have the power to choose; that "diagnosis is not destiny. That through presence and mindset, we make better choices. That by caring about what we put into our bodies and how we choose to move, we foster a foundation for living a healthy life. His work is brilliant because he reminds you that YOU have the power.
Whether you're battling cancer or another life threatening illness, this conversation is for you. It's also for you if you want to live a happier, healthier and empowered life. There's something in our chat for everyone!
1. The inner dialogue in the moment he found out he had a tumor in his chest
2. Why stress is a perception
3. Why you must (and how to) pull the weeds from your mind (and life)
4. Why he created a fun acronym for the word 'Diet' and what 'D.I.E.T' now stands for
5. The power of mindset and how you can foster a strong mind
6. Nutrients vs calories
7. Why you shouldn't be focusing on 'losing weight' and what you focus on instead
8. Why he recommends avoiding dairy (warning, the scientific information around this is disgusting)
9. His recommendation for HIIT (high intensity interval training) as exercise, and why you should adopt it
10. The greatest thing he learned about himself during his health crisis
1. Sunset or sunrise, and why?
2. What Dr Z is afraid of?
3. The piece of wisdom he's been given or acquired that Robert lives by?